Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eating, Doing

So we have been eating and I have been doing things lately.  Nothing's appeared here, but I assure you, it's true.  C's eating more and more of what we're having, sans salt.  Here are some of the things we've had lately for which I can link to recipes:

Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes (C ate, too) from the Williams Sonoma site (a go-to source for me)
Halibut a la Provencal over Mixed Greens (from Nov 2010 Cooking Light)
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Pine Nuts (from Sept 2010 Cooking Light)
Braised Short Ribs in the crock pot  made WITHOUT the beer.  I used low sodium broth instead (C loved this, but we were underwhelmed)
Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Herbs, & Cream

And what have I accomplished??  I survived C's first actual vomit experience without vomiting myself.  I have a weak stomach, so that's sort of miraculous.  Someone asked me once how you can tell if a baby has vomited or merely spit up.  Let me tell you, if you are not sure, then it was not vomit.  So sorry for mentioning this "accomplishment" if you, too, are squeamish. 

In addition,
- we finished the powder room.  That's been a long time coming, huh?  Anyway, I'll post some pictures after we hang a picture and I find a rug.  Maybe we aren't really done, then. 
- I bought a new car.  I had the old one for 10 years.  Trusty old girl. 
- we had C's 1st birthday party
- I organized the million recipes I've printed on full sheets over the years into a binder.  Still need to add sections (i.e. "appetizers," "soups," etc)
- C had his first dental appointment
- C and I participated in a project conducted by the UNLV psychology department

No comments:

Post a Comment