Monday, January 3, 2011

Adieu, 2010

At the beginning of 2010 I posted about my goals for my 32nd year.  Here's a link to the update.

I've done another list of goals for my 33rd year.  Maybe I'll post that on my 34th birthday.  Until then, I've started a couple of new projects for 2011:

1. I've started a log of all of our meals.  The hope is that I'll be more aware of what we're eating, how I'm spending the grocery money, and how often we eat out.  I'll share our dinners with you when I have a recipe worth sharing.

2.  This year I've challenged myself to expand my boundaries.  To do so, I've set a goal of trying one new thing/doing one personal growth activity/or otherwise attempting one horizon-broadening endeavor per day for all of 2011.  Some days it might be nothing more than picking up a book on something I know nothing about and others it might be something more ambitious. 

Since we've been out of town, the project started today.  Today's activity was listening to a lecture on microfluidics and diagnostics for the developing world via Berkeley webcast. 

Dinner tonight consisted of big spinach and vegetable salads with peppered smoked salmon for BB and I and a bevy of things for C - sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and green beans (he was in a picky kind of mood, and these were the only items he'd take more than one bite of).

No comments:

Post a Comment