Monday, May 2, 2011

Eat like it's 1968

Awhile back my mom gave me an instruction manual/recipe booklet from her old blender, printed in 1968.  This weekend I made the Mocha Frappe recipe:

1 T instant powdered coffee
2 T chocolate syrup
1 C cold milk
4 ice cubes

Blend!  I swear, although I was skeptical when I bought the coffee and syrup (let's not discuss the ingredient list on that syrup bottle), BB said it was better than the mocha frappuccino at Starbucks, and we love Starbucks.  I think I spent about $5 on the coffee and syrup, and will get a ton of frappes out of that.  Woot!

I think I'll try the recipe for avocado dressing next.



Also on the menu this weekend was Gnocchi with White Beans.  I was about to brag about how healthy the dish was, when I noticed the sodium in packaged gnocchi.  Hmm.  Well, it was delicious.

Photo from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment