Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1st Birthday Extravaganza

Way back in February we had some family out to celebrate C's first birthday.  We did a basic blue and white theme.

blue and white packaged treats for our guests, all from Rocket Fizz
the cake and sodas for the grown-ups
Sodas from Rocket Fizz, Straws from Garnish (I think)
Recipe/instructions from i am baker.  Clearly I should've done a test run first, but it's sort of a heart, right?
The cake in the pictures was topped with white icing, blue and white M & Ms, and white sixlets.  I should've taken more time when adding the candy, but it was late at night and I just wanted some sleep before the next day's party.  C's cake was from Jessica Seinfeld's Angel Food Cupcakes (which are low-sugar and include some pureed yellow squash) in her book Deceptively Delicious, and topped with homemade whipped cream I flavored slightly with vanilla.  I made it in a 6-inch(ish) baking dish.  He didn't do much smashing or tasting on his birthday, but liked it the next day with a fork.  He doesn't like to have messy hands.  I love my clean little guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment