Friday, July 30, 2010

Who Changed the Menu?

Today C's day care called and said "there's been an incident in the infant room," to my horror.  Apparently the head teacher was out of the room and another teacher accidently gave one of C's bottles (breast milk) to another baby (a formula-fed baby).  At the moment I was just thankful that by "incident," she didn't mean "murder" or "massive diarrhea outbreak," so I took it in stride and ran another bottle down there for my C.  Now, though, I keep thinking about how I would've reacted if C had been given another kid's bottle.  I would've been livid even if it were formula, but totally grossed out if it had been breast milk.  The assure me that steps will be taken to ensure it doesn't happen again, but let me do this...

Dear parents of baby inadvertantly fed C's bottle,
I understand if you're disgusted and worried.  However, let me put your mind at ease.  I don't drink alcohol, consume caffeine, take drugs, or eat poorly.  I mostly eat organic foods (and the occasional Winchell's doughnut when I'm particularly weak).  C is thriving on my milk.  Look how beautiful and smart and happy he is!  Come to think of it, your darling child probably enjoyed that gourmet meal!  You're welcome! 
Respectfully,
Milk Donor

I kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment