Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Scorpions, Spiders, and Ants - Oh My!

Um, do you remember when I complained about spiders?  That was nothing.  The other day I was on my way to the laundry room - barefoot - when I spotted a scorpion on the floor .  Being a self-preservationist, I ran.  I thought the damn thing was dead, but when I finally gathered the nerve to return, it had moved.  It so happened that we had a bucket in there, so I slammed it over the scorpion, topped that with a big container of laundry detergent and ran away, screaming.  I could hear it banging around in there.  I was home alone, but for the cat, and emailed BB and called the exterminator.  Both said not to worry, but really, those are horrible creatures.  In the end, BB and I coordinated an attack when he got home - we wore boots (ready to stomp), BB armed himself with some harsh bug spray, we stuffed rugs against the cracks under the doors to prevent escape, and I grabbed the swiffer to corral it if necessary.  There was a lot of screaming, but we killed it.  In Three Stooges manner, we killed it.  Scorpions:  Another reason no human belongs in the desert.  I'd post a picture, but it was so scary that I didn't take one.  By the way, the scorpion matched the color of our tile and carpet.  I'm genuinely scared now, and C is unlikely to ever get to move from our room into his own room, which is near the laundry room.  That happened on a Monday, and then on the following weekend I saw an enormous spider that looked similar to a daddy long legs with thicker legs and a bigger body.  I have the creeps just thinking of it.  Again, BB had to kill it for me, as it had penned C and I into our bedroom.  Then there are the giant ants taking up residence in our back yard.  Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment