Monday, September 20, 2010

You Are My Sunshine September 19-September 25, 2010

I intended to post today about my foray into making baby food of meat.  That's just not going to happen now.  It's still making me gag (I made sole, poached chicken, and sirloin).  The colors...the textures... the gagging...

I hope C thinks it tastes better than it looks.

Anyway, instead I'm going to sing the praises of the Whole Foods butchers.  If ever you are met with doubtful glances and disparaging comments when you mention that you make your own baby food, hustle over to Whole Foods.  The fish guy proved knowledgeable and kind when I asked about the best fish and methods, and the meat guy was awesome - he quickly deboned chicken thighs for me (or did he "bone" them??) while telling me about when he and his wife made baby food for their kids.  It was nice to be around like-minded people.  I love that place.

If you need more convincing of their fabulousness, check out their values here.

No comments:

Post a Comment