Las Vegas Park Review: Dr. Harry B. Johnson's Rose Garden Park
Somerset Hills Ave. (Southern Highlands) between San Sicily St. and Lago Tierra St.
- Pretty rose garden
- Double fenced playground and green space
- Well-maintained playground equipment
- Little splash pad (though we were there too early to use it*)
- *Splash pad doesn't operate until 10 am
- No swings
- Playground, while rated for kids as young as 2, was really more for bigger kids
This is a really nice little park. We had it all to ourselves, with the exception of a couple of people playing with their dogs in the green space. The playground equipment was really nice, if a bit too big for C. C was disappointed that the splash pad didn't operate until 10 am (we were there around 8), but he loved looking at the birds and running around in the rose garden, smelling flowers. I loved the trees and flowers, but hated the spiders. There was an enormous one on a slide and webs all over in the garden. That probably wouldn't bother a reasonable person, but I'm afraid of spiders and you can't convince me to like them. There were restrooms available, but we didn't use them. We felt completely safe, although there was no security.