Thursday, February 25, 2010

Loss of Control

So I'm still pregnant.  I'm not due until Sunday, but I'm scheduled to be induced next week.  It's so frustrating for me to know that my kid will be exposed to Pitocin and probably Cervadil when I've done so much through this pregnancy to avoid exposing him to anything that could harm him.  Now I'm reading of possible links between Pitocin and autism (one of my nightmares) and the increased odds of needing an epidural or even a c-section and decreased odds of successful breastfeeding.  Of course, BB is totally calm about it all.  In home ownership news, we went to sign the papers this week only to find several mistakes.  Now we're delayed again, and hope to have the keys on Tuesday.  Yes, you guessed it, the day I'll be induced if I haven't already gone into labor.  I can tell you for certain that focused anger (at the title company in this scenario) does not cause one to go into labor.  Nor does annoyance, frustration, anger, or constant calls from nosey and needy mothers.  If I had control over anything in my life right now, most of it would be different.  Alas, I do not.  Thus ends my rant for the day.  Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment